|A multi-use rail-trail in Allegheny and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania|
- ..Trail will be closed Sunday 4-19 from 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m between MP22 and MP26 for the Burgh 5K/10K.
- ..MP 30.3-30.5 Trail will be closed Oct. 30 to July 31, 2015 for Valley Brook Bridge #2 construction. An on-road detour is posted, and is only suitable for experienced road cyclists. <map>
- New Newsletter · 3/29/2015 · Montour Trail-Letter
- Trail of the Month: March 2015 · 3/16/2015 · Railt-to-Trails Conservancy
- Walking, hiking trails ready for spring traffic · 3/14/2015 · Observer-Reporter
The Montour Trail is a multi-use non-motorized recreational rail-trail near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will ultimately extend 46 miles from Moon Township near Coraopolis to Clairton. The trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), a trail system that stretches over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. Currently, multiple sections of the trail totaling over 40 miles are completed, with a few gaps in the southern portion of the trail. (Bypass directions for these sections are provided here.) New sections are being added each year. More info