|A multi-use rail-trail in Allegheny and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania|
- June 1: J.R. Taylor Memorial 5K Run/Walk «more info»
- June 1: Tails for Trails Fun Dog Walk «more info»
- See our Events Calendar.
- TRAIL CLOSED between Gilmore Junction MP 21.6 and Galati Road MP 21.2 for two weeks of construction, until about May 24th. On-Road detour is on Southview and Galati Roads.
- Very irregular trail closures at Mile 12 thru August. The PennDOT project to rehab the Rt. 22 bridge over the trail will begin Mon. Feb. 18. Occasional 5 to 15 min. delays are possible.
- Walkway would link Montour Trail to Southpointe · 4/22/2013 · Observer-Reporter
- PennDOT reveals Route 980 realignment, trail bridge plans · 3/21/2013 · theAlmanac.net
- Updated information on construction in West Peters
- Updated information on Construction at Triphammer/Piney Fork
The Montour Trail is a multi-use non-motorized recreational rail-trail near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will ultimately extend 46 miles from Moon Township near Coraopolis to Clairton. The trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), a trail system that stretches over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. Currently, multiple sections of the trail totaling over 40 miles are completed, with a few gaps in the southern portion of the trail. (Bypass directions for these sections are provided here.) New sections are being added each year. More info