|A multi-use rail-trail in Allegheny and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania|
- ..12-7-15: National Tunnel in Cecil, MP 25, is CLOSED for the winter. Will re-open in spring 2016. On-road winter detour to be posted.
- New Newsletter · 1/23/2016 · Montour Trail-Letter January-February 2016
- Map Updates · 2/3/2016 · Updates to downloadable PDF map
- Ohio River Trail Council pursues plan to connect communities · 1/18/2016 · Tribune Review
- Biking with Larry Walsh: Tunnel closure a difficult decision along trail · 11/28/2015 · Post-Gazette
The Montour Trail is a multi-use non-motorized recreational rail-trail near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will ultimately extend 46 miles from Moon Township near Coraopolis to Clairton. The trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), a trail system that stretches over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. Currently, multiple sections of the trail totaling over 40 miles are completed, with a few gaps in the southern portion of the trail. (Bypass directions for these sections are provided here.) New sections are being added each year. More info