|A multi-use rail-trail in Allegheny and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania|
- June 4: J.R. Taylor Race «more info»
- June 4: National Trails Day Membership Celebration
- See our Events Calendar.
- ..Trail route on Piney Fork Rd, South Park Twp closed at MP39 for bridge construct, 4/25 thru mid-June. Detour 2 mi. on Snowden, Connor, Piney Fork & Triphammer Rds between MP38.3 & 39.9, Detour signed. <map>
- ..Construction is taking place at the Clairton Trailhead (MP46). Trail users should be alert to temporary relocation of the trail & parking area beginning 3/7. Trail & parking area will be signed.
- New Newsletter · 5/25/2016 · New MTC Newsletter, May-June 2016
- Work on Valley Brook Road in progress in Peters, Cecil townships · 5/19/2016 · The Almanac
The Montour Trail is a multi-use non-motorized recreational rail-trail near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will ultimately extend 46 miles from Moon Township near Coraopolis to Clairton. The trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), a trail system that stretches over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. Currently, multiple sections of the trail totaling over 40 miles are completed, with a few gaps in the southern portion of the trail. (Bypass directions for these sections are provided here.) New sections are being added each year. More info